Frequently Asked Questions
Our programs are customized in a way like no other:
1. They include millage rates for all different sections of each county we have in the program.
2. Variables and settings are already built-in to our system and most can be changed by each user to suit their own situations.
3. With the 2 above there is no “guessing” or assumptions necessary.
4. With all the settings already a part of the program, that's less information you have the enter which provides quick results.
5. Subscribers have all their own information stored in our database. Once logged in, the programs are customized for that user. Printable forms and other pages include the agent’s name, company, address and phone numbers.
We are adding counties as the need arises. If you would like to subscribe but don't see your county just contact us and let us know. We'll work on it for you as quick as possible.
We have taken every step we know of to assure the accuracy of the settings and the results of all calculations. As a part of that concern we have set it up so members can access most all variables and make changes they feel are necessary for their particular situations. The only settings that cannot be changed are the millage rates, FHA maximum loan amount, and other county related factors. These are set by government offices and are controlled here in our programs by our webmaster.
Tax rates are calculated using the formula supplied to us by the official offices in the county government. Most counties use what is called Fair Market Value (FMV) as to the value of the property in their formulas. We use the Sales Price you enter in the program in our calculations. Otherwise the formulas are the same.
Not at this time! Tax credits vary from state to state and, in many cases, from county to county. Therefore, the taxes you see in our programs are estimated taxes on the property as the county/city calculates them without any credits.
There are 3 ways to subscribe:
1. Use PayPal: Click on the “Sign Up” button anywhere you see it on our site. Fill out the form and then click the “Submit Registration” button at the bottom. On the next page click on your subscription choice. On the next page log into or create a PayPal account. Follow instructions there.
2. Use credit cards Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express: Click on the “Sign Up” button anywhere you see it on our site. Fill out the form and then click the “Submit Registration” button at the bottom. On the next page click on your subscription choice. On the next page click on the choice to pay by credit card. Follow instructions there to complete transaction.
3. Pay by Check: Click on the “Sign Up” button anywhere you see it on our site. Fill out the entire form except password then print the form. Hand write your choice for a password.
Mail the form along with your check payable to “Barrett Computers” to:
PO Box 68
Ruffin, SC 29475-0068
As secure as any PayPal transaction. Click this link and read about the security on their site for online transaction: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_security-center-outside
No! That was actually our original idea but due to the requirement for consistent updates and other factors we decided online subscription is best for everyone. By being online, there are many advantages that could not be had offline. Here are just some of them:
1. You can access the program at work, home or anywhere there is an internet connection.
2. Any updates, bugs or other fixes can be quickly handled by us and when corrected they are done so for everyone.
3. Unlike an offline or "off-the-shelf" program, the programs are always "up-to-date".
4. Your subscription covers not only access to the programs but continued maintenance and customer service.
5. The cost of subscription is much less to the user that what you'd have to pay if we sold stand alone programs.
There are three subscription options for Close Pak:
1. For those that want to give it a "trial run" there is the month-to-month option with a rate of $12.95 per month. This option only commits you to one month at a time. It does require you to update your registration and pay every month if you desire to continue with this option.
2. Annual subscription. This option makes it easier on you as well as us so we give a discount on this choice. The annual cost is $99 which equals out to $8.25 per month. This option gives you a savings of $56 compared to the month-to-month option.
3. Office Package - This option is available only to real estate companies with 5 agent minimum. Email or Call us for details and costs.